The weather’s been so amazingly sunny over the last few days, and it’s put me in the mood for colour rather than my usual head-to-toe black! Then I came across this post at Refinery 29, and I thought I’d put together a post of unusual and vibrant colour combinations. Enjoy!
Already planning some happy, colourful outfits for this week!
1) Trashy and classy make an amazing mix! I love the acid wash jeans and ripped t-shirt mixed with the structured jacket.
2) Camel looks great with blue- I bought a camel jumper last week, and tt fits in perfectly with all the blue in my wardrobe 🙂 Plus, different shades of blue work well together too!
3) Cropped = cool. Although maybe not when it’s snowy. I’ll leave that as a matter of personal discretion…
4) Muddy grey/brown colours can look drab, but not if you play around with texture and shape! Like the elbow patches as well.
5) Tie-dye doesn’t have to make you look like a hippy or a gap year student- or gap yah as my friends would say! It’s a gorgeous, colourful print that can even be elegant! I’m planning to tie-dye a few of my slightly neglected pieces of clothing for the summer.
Bright colours are gorgeous, but I think when it comes to my own clothes, I’ll always love delicate pastels! Incidentally, some of my friends and family have offered to buy me some clothes for my birthday (which is today!)- would anyone like to reccomend some online boutiques that ship to the UK or Ireland? I try to avoid high street shops- so depressing when someone else is wearing the same ‘perfect’ outfit!